INGREDIENTS○ 3 medium very ripe bananas
○ 1/3 cup lowfat milk
○ 1/2 cup granulated sugar (maybe substitute with honey)
○ 1/2 cup brown sugar
○ 1 1/2 cups flour (wheat or white)
○ 1 teaspoon baking soda
○ 1 teaspoon salt
○ 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup chocolate chips (depends on how chocolatey you like it!) Also I like to use mini chips, less chance of them sinking to the bottom of muffin.
○ 2 tablespoons pecans/chopped walnuts (optional)
○ 1/2 Cup Applesauce
○ 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (also called old fashioned or whole oats)
# The last two ingredients applesauce & oats are also optional, but I wouldn't use one without the other. It messes with the structure of the muffin. Wet & Dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
- Whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and optional pecans/walnuts.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!